I was going to post one of my recent engagement shoots and when I tried to choose one I found it pretty hard so I decided to come up with a bit of a highlights reel of photos from some of my favourite shoots!
A lot of couples are unsure about why to get an engagement shoot and a some of you probably hadn’t even heard of them until you got engaged.
Reasons to have an engagement shoot:
- You’ll get to feel what it’s like to be in front of the camera. This is the big one! Maybe you’ve posted a few 1000 selfies on Instagram but it’s probably a little different to having someone photograph your wedding day. You’ll get to see how relaxed a shoot can be which helps to get rid of any misconceptions. On your wedding day there’s going to be so much to take in and if you already know how the bridal shoot will go down it’s one less thing to have to think about.
- We’ll hang out and get to know each other a bit better. The more of a relationship we can build before the wedding the better. This way you don’t feel like you have a complete stranger hanging out with you on your big day.
- You can do your engagement shoot somewhere different to your wedding. Some people love the beach but can’t imagine getting married there so why not have your engagement session at your favourite beach. We’re so spoilt for choices on the Gold Coast too, with awesome urban areas, pine forests, grassy fields, or beaches.
- Some couples like to use one of the pics from their engagement shoot as a save the date card. You’ll have plenty to choose from!
- I think everybody wants sunset pics at their wedding but sometimes the weather gods don’t get the memo…. the good thing about engagement shoots is if the weather looks bad we can cancel and do it another time when we’re going to get great light!
- Oh and you’ll get some pretty amazing photos as you’ll see below 🙂
So if you like what you see and you’re looking for some Gold Coast engagement photography hit me up and lets make some beautiful photos!
Also some of my engagement shoots have been featured on various wedding blogs such as this one of Hannah and Jackson on Polka Dot Bride.